News

Hacker Beware   

You have been warned!
We have caught 341 shameful hackers.

NukeSentinel(tm) 2.6.01

Link to us   

MohForesight

http://www.mohforesight.com :: View topic - Foresight 1.6 excessive broadcasts
 Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages  
 Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in 

Search for at
http://www.mohforesight.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
 Error in Client 1.6 General Support wtfreak 0 Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:57 pm
wtfreak View latest post
 Crash in Server General Support wstive 0 Tue May 24, 2016 2:18 pm
wstive View latest post
 Moving on from Xfire? What do you use? General Chat Admin 0 Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:50 pm
Admin View latest post
 Foresight Scanner keeps shutting down (auto retry system) Foresight set-up via 'Rented Server' The_Shadow 1 Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:04 am
Admin View latest post
 Foresight 1.4 General Support The_Shadow 1 Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:03 am
Admin View latest post
 Foresight pk3 file conflicting with weapon mod on server General Support The_Shadow 2 Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:56 am
Admin View latest post
Foresight 1.6 excessive broadcasts

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://www.mohforesight.com Forum Index -> Foresight set-up via 'Rented Server'
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Midnight1138
E-1 Private

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:54 pm Post subject: No icon Foresight 1.6 excessive broadcasts Reply with quote

Hi All,

I'm in the process of selecting a good scanner tool for my mohaa server and I like Foresight alot.
However there are a few issues i'm having.

When running, foresight keeps
sending (number is an example) "---=== Foresight broadcast 799943258436543663623912956" about every 1-2 seconds. It shows up in the clients console, eventually filling it completely.

On the server console I see Foresight sending the normal "SET" commands like status, serverinfo, gravity, runspeed but alot what seem to be alot of empty "SET" commands. I think these are the broadcasts that fill up the clients console.

It seems like Foresight is trying to set a command but is not able to.

A hint might be that before the very first line just before these broadcasts a line appears reading "VERSION IS READ ONLY" in the client console. I checked out all my MOHAA, mods and Foresight files but none seems to be having the read-only flag.

These are some of the error messages that keep coming back alot in the logfile:

!!! Error !!! Blocking function in progress in Procedure Winsock1_LastError

And this one:

!!! Error !!! Invalid socket descriptor passed to function in Procedure Winsock1_LastError

Hopefully this info might shed some light on what is causing the problem.

Another issue that might be linked with the excessive broadcasts is that sometimes it takes clicking a number of times before being able to select a team and/or weapon. Also kicking a player via the in-game menu takes 3 to 4 tries before Foresight reacts. Seems to me the excessive broadcasts are interferring with normal operation?

I'm using Windows XP (SP3) with all the latest microsoft updates, Foresight 1.6 with the updated PK3, the standard English MOH-AA with all the patches and the server is free from virusses and spyware. All internet connections seem to be working fine and all standard ports on the firewall are open. U-pnp is also enabled.

My server (Maasstad Battle) IP is 82.95.194.188:12203 should anyone like to see it for himself. Or have your behind whooped when I'm playing, lol!  Twisted Evil

But seriously, any help with these issues would be greatly appreciated!

Highest regards,

Mark, aka Nyarlathotep {Rotterdam}
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

blank.png

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:47 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Foresight 1.6 excessive broadcasts Reply with quote

These errors are not normal but at the same time, they are and should not interfere with the normal operation of Foresight. The client was a work in progress, until the disappearance of Slider, and the scanner probably has coding to communicate with the client and other things, which was not finished as well as a lot of its coding, which is why some people get errors.

I have been running Foresight on my server for at least 3 years and it runs fine with no alteration to Foresight. One or two times a month, if that, i'll find that it turns itself off.

As far as having to click your button command 3 to 4 times before it goes, it could relate to server latency. Try changing server locations, if you are willing too. But it could also very well relate to the broadcasts since i believe they are all put in the same queue.

I have tested changing server locations and when i moved my server from Chicago to St. Louis, it went from taking me around 8 tries before a command went through, to 1 to 2 tries. This may help you, but again it may not. Just something to help with the lag in commands. It could just be coincidence on my end.

The closest thing to removing those empty broadcasts (commands) is if someone was to create a MOD, if possible, to work with the Foresight scanner NOT to do those commands. No one has the source code to fix this. Only Slider.

By the way, let me know when you're on in your server and i'll make you eat your words. hehe  Twisted Evil
Dogz
E-2 PFC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:36 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Foresight 1.6 excessive broadcasts Reply with quote

I've been running Foresight 1.6 for a quite a while now and never had those problems mentioned by midnight. The only problem that I have had (which is understandable) is that foresight wants to update itself - unfortunately, the makers of foresight do not exist anymore Sad. However, I have recently heard that 'someone' out there has decided to take it upon themselves to 'soup' it up with ALL the known cheats - etc.

News Update!!!

Just spoke to my Son-in-law who told me about the above. You can download the new version of foresight from his clan site. www.freedomserver.org.uk  -  (Admin - I hope that I have not broken any rules regarding other clan sites - If I have feel free to delete this post).

This download and others, which are quite useful, can be found in the links section on the Forum. As ex Admin of this particular clan I can vouch for their honesty and willingness to help people out. Be warned though, this new version of foresight is a bugger to set up as I've been told, still, if you are technically minded then you shouldn't have any problems.
Visit DarkForge Graphics.com Today
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:48 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Foresight 1.6 excessive broadcasts Reply with quote

Since there is no source code (that we know of), i'm guessing this is a mod to work with the scanner.

If it helps the MOHAA community to use it, it is fine with me.

But i do have to say, the version of Foresight found here on mohforesight.com are the original versions of Sliders work.

The one found on freedomserver's website is NOT a new version of the Foresight Anticheat program, but only a "modded" version. Visit their site for any support you may need.

MohForesight Admin
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://www.mohforesight.com Forum Index ->  Foresight set-up via 'Rented Server' Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: