News

Hacker Beware   

You have been warned!
We have caught 341 shameful hackers.

NukeSentinel(tm) 2.6.01

Link to us   

MohForesight

http://www.mohforesight.com :: View topic - FORESIGHT MENU QUESTION
 Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages  
 Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in 

Search for at
http://www.mohforesight.com Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
 Error in Client 1.6 General Support wtfreak 0 Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:57 pm
wtfreak View latest post
 Crash in Server General Support wstive 0 Tue May 24, 2016 2:18 pm
wstive View latest post
 Moving on from Xfire? What do you use? General Chat Admin 0 Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:50 pm
Admin View latest post
 Foresight Scanner keeps shutting down (auto retry system) Foresight set-up via 'Rented Server' The_Shadow 1 Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:04 am
Admin View latest post
 Foresight 1.4 General Support The_Shadow 1 Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:03 am
Admin View latest post
 Foresight pk3 file conflicting with weapon mod on server General Support The_Shadow 2 Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:56 am
Admin View latest post
FORESIGHT MENU QUESTION

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://www.mohforesight.com Forum Index -> General Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RAPTURE
E-1 Private

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:59 pm Post subject: No icon FORESIGHT MENU QUESTION Reply with quote

First of all, awesome job on the website . Great to see folks with foresight knowledge are still around !!

My question is coding in regards to the ingame menu. My clan is wanting the menu made so that all commands broadcast "who did what" so to speak. That wat everyone knows who kicked or banned someone.

I've learned that by changing the menu from

addpopup "Bann Forever" "1" command "rcon set FST_Action 1|clientban|"

to

addpopup "Bann Forever" "1" command "rcon set FST_Action 1|clientban|RAPTURE"

whenever player 1 is banned, it will read " player 1 banned forever by RAPTURE"

that way everyone knows that I was the one that banned the player 1.

The only issue is that each different  menu must be made to include each different  players name.

So, we are asking about any way to add linkcvar "ui_name" to the command lines so that we could use 1 menu for everyone .

I'm also questioning about adding the same linkcvar "ui_name" to the rcon commands.

For example:

addpopup "" "12" command "rcon clientkick 12"

somehow I would believe it's gotta be possible. Afterall, it worked on banning by adding RAPTURE to the end. I would think that there has to be some way to add the linkcvar to the end to work as well.

Just can't seem to figure the coding out to make it work.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

blank.png

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:47 am Post subject: No icon Re: FORESIGHT MENU QUESTION Reply with quote

As for your first issue on the client banning, yes, you would have to make individual admin menu's in order to have the certain individual's name shown in-game.

As for the other commands, i myself, haven't tried messing with that.

But if you're talking about having one admin menu for multiple admin's, then i would think some sort of database is needed to store that info. Of course the foresight.cfg file would need some code that would connect to the database and then the database to the gameserver to relay the certain admin's name (or whoever executed the command). Don't know if it can be done, but i haven't attempted this.

With my work schedule being a mess, i'll try and see what i can do. If anyone else has any ideas, please let us know. This would be a good add-on for the Foresight Admin menu.
Pimmetje
Support Team

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:05 am Post subject: No icon Re: FORESIGHT MENU QUESTION Reply with quote

My guess it that it would be better to make a wrapper around the rcon. So a separete program to parse the rcon requests on the server. This could be some by making a program lisen to a other port. Than let use that port for rcon. (Mohaa can remote rcon connect). This program could do everything. Ban people etc but you could make a password for every admin so the program knows the password for each admin and can tell who did what. But you could also parse the commands and let someone use the console but not ban or kick someone etc.

I know this sound complicated but i think it is possible. But i would take some programming skill and a lot of time. Easyer would be to make it webbased (There are some things to do that but never looked in to it). But i think it would be a great tool for a lot of server admins Smile
Visit DarkForge Graphics.com Today
RAPTURE
E-1 Private

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:12 pm Post subject: No icon Re: FORESIGHT MENU QUESTION Reply with quote

Thanks for the help !!!!

One more question. We're using the new screenshots............ the ones that include the pk3 directory shot, the bindlist shot, and the path screenshot.

It will capture the info, but only id the players console is open. Is there any way to force a players console open ???

HERE'S THE NEW SCREENSHOT TYPES.

SCORE SCREENSHOT

MODELS SCREENSHOT

ACTION SCREENSHOT

BIND LIST SCREENSHOT

PATH SCREENSHOT

DIRECTORY SCREENSHOT

Pimmetje
Support Team

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:16 am Post subject: No icon Re: FORESIGHT MENU QUESTION Reply with quote

Somewhere something say to me that is saw something opening consoles but i can remember what program.
RAPTURE
E-1 Private

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:07 pm Post subject: No icon Re: FORESIGHT MENU QUESTION Reply with quote

hopefully somebody will know. Thanks Pimmetje.
Visit DarkForge Graphics.com Today
Pimmetje
Support Team

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:04 am Post subject: No icon Re: FORESIGHT MENU QUESTION Reply with quote

It is possible it was the program CI (CounterIntelligence)

You can download a copy from the website of Invisible Warriors http://69.56.234.178/downloads.htm http://69.56.234.181/MOHAACounterIntelligencesetup.exe

Good luck with finding it Wink
RAPTURE
E-1 Private

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:50 pm Post subject: No icon Re: FORESIGHT MENU QUESTION Reply with quote

cool. will check it out and see what I can find.  Thanks !!
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://www.mohforesight.com Forum Index ->  General Support Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: